Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's our house and we'll paint how we want ...

I have written, elsewhere perhaps, about being the silent partner in this here home building. Well, except for the blog. This here post is sort of an example of what I mean: I have no clue what some of these pictures are supposed to show, but given that Emily took them I am certain they are showing bodacious stuff happening in the FC.

The painters have finished the red, I believe and the trim near the red. They have been working on the lower part of the house, a very handsome gray, which is much darker than the primer gray.

We even decided to make the bump-outs gray to match the rest of the house. I think our architect would have preferred all-white bump-outs, but ...

This is the bench in the back porch, built in to even out something or other. It also appears that the floor is finished.

And can you tell which member of Little Team D is the showboat?


Here she is again either cabbage-patching or karate-kicking in front of the garage, which looks mostly painted.


This is how the house will look.


I believe workers have started the floor on the front porch.

Behind the dieting member of Little Team D, you can see some of the columns, which are all wrapped in the white board. Near the garage are piles of bricks, which were moved from the front by a forklift.

And this? I just don't know. All I can tell for sure is that a red crock is in the left-bottom corner. Brendan tells me these are the floors he sanded.

3 comments:

  1. I think you meant to say "a pile of bricks that Emily helped move with some sort of big machinery." This house is so super awesome. No one should give up hope -- it will be finished soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is looking fantastic! not many house builders have official small cheerleaders!
    sdt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just learned that Emily wooed wooed the forklift operator over and got to use it too.

    ReplyDelete